Benefits of Regular Membership
- Reduced rates for WANL professional development workshops
- WORD, a triannual magazine that includes articles on the craft and business of writing, topical issues, interviews, members’ news, ‘New on the Shelf’ featuring books by members, and more.
- WANL Newsletter, a bi-weekly e-newsletter featuring member news (such as book launches and signings), readings, events, opportunities, announcements, contests, awards, and more from across the Province and beyond.
- Profile in our online Members Directory.
- Listing in our online Writers-for-Hire.
- Access to our programs and services, such as our members’ only Manuscript Evaluation Service and Emerging Writers Mentorship Program.
- Opportunities to meet other writers from Newfoundland and Labrador and across Canada
- Use of our lending library containing books written by local authors, issues of literary journals, and reference books.
- Eligibility to vote at WANL Annual General Meeting
- Eligibility to apply to our Spring Tides Reading Series
- Opportunities for WANL paid gigs such as mentor, manuscript evaluator, juror for WANL programs, workshop facilitator, and reader.
- Eligibility to apply for WANL awards.
- Members’ only discount with various retailers and companies including Afterwords Bookstore, The Bee’s Knees, The Travel Bug, and Vatcher Photographic.
To view membership categories, or to join, visit our Membership page.