Workshops are offered at various times throughout the year.
Over the years, workshops have included topics on both the craft and business of writing, such as creative non-fiction, advanced poetry, character development, writing dialogue, grammar basics, book reviewing, play writing, script writing, digital marketing, taxes and the writer, writing for radio, editing, creative writing for youth, and more.
WANL members receive a discount on workshops.
WANL strives to offer writing workshops in communities across Newfoundland and Labrador where funding permits. Workshops have been offered in Corner Brook, Deer Lake, Gander, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, and St. John’s.
WANL Resource Room (Suite 202, 223 Duckworth Street, St. John’s)
OR register for all three workshops in the Publish, Promote, Present series at a discounted price of $65.
Registration open to non-members, if space is available, as of November 22, 2017. Non-members who would like to be placed on a waiting list may email email@example.com.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
– How to Work with an Editor: Panel with Editors NL
– Promote: A Workshop with Beth Follett
– Publish: A Workshop with Scott Bartlett
– WANL-Winterset Emerging Writers’ Workshop with award-winning authors Richard Gwyn and Cassie Stocks
– Ecofiction with Anne Erickssen
– Travel Writing with Gary Geddes
– Battle of the Genres See 2014 AGM Itinerary for listing of workshops and their details.
– Writing with Donna Morrissey