Workshops are offered at various times throughout the year.
Over the years, workshops have included topics on both the craft and business of writing, such as creative non-fiction, advanced poetry, character development, writing dialogue, grammar basics, book reviewing, play writing, script writing, digital marketing, taxes and the writer, writing for radio, editing, creative writing for youth, and more.
WANL members receive a discount on workshops.
WANL strives to offer writing workshops in communities across Newfoundland and Labrador where funding permits. Workshops have been offered in Corner Brook, Deer Lake, Gander, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, and St. John’s.
Saturday, March 24, 2018 from 1:30-5 PM
A-1043, Arts & Administration Building, Memorial University, St. John’s
Learn more about our local publishers including what they’re looking for, how to approach them, their take on the writer-publisher relationship, and their marketing strategies.
Featuring representatives from Boulder Publications, Breakwater Books, Engen Books, Flanker Press, ISER Books, Pedlar Press, and Running the Goat, Books & Broadsides. Hosted by Kelley Power, WANL Vice President.
Q&A and social to follow.
Free parking in lot 15B.
Admission by donation. Open to the public. Advance registration required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Not in the St. John’s area? We’ve got you covered. We’ll be livestreaming the panel from our Facebook page. Feel free to comment in your questions for the Q&A portion, and we’ll do our best to present as many of them as possible to our panel.
– Flash Fiction with Bridget Canning
– Trim & Tone for Prose Writers with Claire Wilkshire
– Present: A Workshop with Paul Rowe
– How to Work with an Editor: Panel with Editors NL
– Promote: A Workshop with Beth Follett
– Publish: A Workshop with Scott Bartlett
– WANL-Winterset Emerging Writers’ Workshop with award-winning authors Richard Gwyn and Cassie Stocks
– Ecofiction with Anne Erickssen
– Travel Writing with Gary Geddes
– Battle of the Genres See 2014 AGM Itinerary for listing of workshops and their details.
– Writing with Donna Morrissey