The 3rd Annual WANL Postcard Story Contest
The Writers’ Alliance of Newfoundland and Labrador, in partnership with Broken Books and the Newfoundland Quarterly, is now accepting submissions of original, unpublished stories of 250 words or less that include the word ‘broken.’ This year’s judges are author/actor Greg Malone, and Angela Antle, host of CBC Radio’s ‘WAM.’
• The contest is open to all residents of Newfoundland and Labrador over the age of nineteen (19).
• Stories (fiction, non-fiction, or creative non-fiction) must be in English.
• Word count must be a maximum of 250 and must include the word “broken”.
• Stories must be unpublished (in print or online) and not currently submitted to any other contest or publication.
• Entries must be typed, double-spaced in 12pt font.
• Only one submission per participant.
• Blind judging: do not indicate your name on the story itself. Instead, provide the following information on a cover page, or in the body of an e-mail: author’s name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, story title, and word count.
• Deadline: April 24, 2015 e-mail date or postmarked
Postcard Story Contest
Writers’ Alliance of Newfoundland and Labrador
208-223 Duckworth Street
St. John’s NL A1C 6N1
-Use the subject line “Postcard Story Contest”.
-Provide contact information and title of story in the body of the e-mail.
-Attach story as a Word or PDF document.
-Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner: $250 & publication of story in the Newfoundland Quarterly (Summer 2015 issue)
Runners-up: $50 Broken Books Gift Certificate & publication in the Newfoundland Quarterly (Summer 2015 issue)
Finalists may be requested to engage in an editing process with TNQ editor prior to publication. The contest winner and runners-up will be announced at an event in mid-June.
THE FINE PRINT
WANL, Broken Books, and TNQ staff, contract employees, and board members and are not eligible. TNQ takes first serial rights of winning entries only for print. All other rights remain with the author.
For further information, contact the Writers’ Alliance: 709.739.5215, email@example.com.