Publishers and agents typically give writers’ work about ten pages or so to make an impact.
If you haven’t got them hooked by then, it’s a pretty safe bet that you won’t be asked for more material! Oh no!
To help writers grab publishers’ and agents’ attention, this program will provide evaluations on a 1-2-page synopsis and 10 pages of your work. Evaluators will identify specific areas that would benefit from certain changes and revisions and what those changes should entail.
This service is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, exclusively for members of the Writers’ Alliance of Newfoundland and Labrador. All genres are welcome.
Our new Manuscript Excerpt Evaluation Service includes:
– Comments on content: characterization, dialogue, setting, structure, believability, research
– Comments on writing technique: technical ability, style, voice, etc.
– Steps to take to develop the manuscript excerpt and synopsis
– Responses to three questions submitted by the author
Are you a writer interested in making avail of this program? Here’s how to apply:
– Please ensure your submission is formatted in a 12-point font, with regular margins, double-spaced.
– To apply, submit your 1-2 page synopsis which includes the genre and intentions for the project along with your 10-page maximum manuscript excerpt to email@example.com