Publishers and agents typically give writers’ work about ten pages or so to make an impact.
If you haven’t got them hooked by then, it’s a pretty safe bet that you won’t be asked for more material! Oh no!
To help writers grab publishers’ and agents’ attention, this limited-time-only program will provide evaluations on a 1-2-page synopsis and 10 pages of your work. Evaluators will identify specific areas that would benefit from certain changes and revisions and what those changes should entail.
This service is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, exclusively for members of the Writers’ Alliance of Newfoundland and Labrador for a limited time only. All genres are welcome.
Our brand new Manuscript Excerpt Evaluation Service includes:
– Comments on content: characterization, dialogue, setting, structure, believability, research
– Comments on writing technique: technical ability, style, voice, etc.
– Steps to take to develop the manuscript excerpt and synopsis
– Responses to three questions submitted by the author
Are you a writer interested in making avail of this new program? Here’s how to apply:
– Please ensure your submission is formatted in a 12-point font, with regular margins, double-spaced.
– To apply, submit your 1-2 page synopsis and 10-page maximum manuscript excerpt to email@example.com
– Program is available for a limited time only, so don’t wait – apply today!
Interested in becoming an Evaluator? Here’s what you need to know:
– Evaluators must be WANL members
– Evaluators will be paid $150 for their work
– Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be listed on the Writers For Hire page on wanl.ca.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 709-739-5215.
WANL gratefully acknowledges the Government of Newfoundland & Labrador, Department of Tourism, Culture, Industry and Innovation; and the City of St. John’s for their support of WANL’s essential programs and services for writers and the literary sector.