Workshops are offered at various times throughout the year.
Over the years, workshops have included topics on both the craft and business of writing, such as creative non-fiction, advanced poetry, character development, writing dialogue, grammar basics, book reviewing, play writing, script writing, digital marketing, taxes and the writer, writing for radio, editing, creative writing for youth, and more.
WANL members receive a discount on workshops.
WANL strives to offer writing workshops in communities across Newfoundland and Labrador where funding permits. Workshops have been offered in Corner Brook, Deer Lake, Gander, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, and St. John’s.
Storytelling as a Political Act
Sunday, November 4 from 1-3 p.m.
Foran Greene Room
St. John’s City Hall, 10 New Gower Street
Join KERRI CULL, ELISABETH DE MARIAFFI, and CRAIG FRANCIS POWER as they discuss what it means to ‘write political’, from the impact of the current political landscape to the responsibility authors have for the stories they tell. Panel moderated by Kelley Power, WANL Vice President. Q&A to follow.
ADMISSION BY DONATION. All welcome. Panelist books will be available for purchase.
Accessibility: Elevators located on the 1st floor through Access when you come in the front doors (to the left as soon as you come in – through double doors). Take elevator to the 4th floor and the Foran Greene Room is not far from the elevators.
– Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon: NL Writers Edition
– Story By You community writing workshop with Stacy Gardner held at the St. John’s Women’s Centre
– Planting Seeds: An Online Marketing Workshop for Authors with Carolyn R. Parsons
– Publishing Panel with Boulder Publications, Breakwater Books, Engen Books, Flanker Press, ISER Books, Pedlar Press, and Running the Goat Books & Broadsides
– Flash Fiction with Bridget Canning
– Trim & Tone for Prose Writers with Claire Wilkshire
– Present: A Workshop with Paul Rowe
– How to Work with an Editor: Panel with Editors NL
– Promote: A Workshop with Beth Follett
– Publish: A Workshop with Scott Bartlett
– WANL-Winterset Emerging Writers’ Workshop with award-winning authors Richard Gwyn and Cassie Stocks
– Ecofiction with Anne Erickssen
– Travel Writing with Gary Geddes
– Battle of the Genres See 2014 AGM Itinerary for listing of workshops and their details.
– Writing with Donna Morrissey